District Program Coordinator & Health Officer- Tuki Association Sunkoshi: Tuki Association Sunkoshi is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working rigorously in different thematic areas collaborating with different development partners and local government in Sindhupalchok district for 26 years. Tuki is now going to implement Strengthening Approaches for Maximizing Maternal, Neonatal, and Reproductive Health (SAMMAN) project partnering with CARE Nepal. This project aims to improve the quality of maternity health and safe motherhood.
Tuki Association Sunkoshi is seeking dynamic, energetic, well experienced, professional and highly qualified Nepali citizen s to work in the above entitled project for following position.
JOB POSITION: District Program Coordinator (DPC) – 1 position
Minimum Required Qualification: Master’s degree in Public Health or Nursing with two years of relevant work experience in similar field. Or, Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or nursing with five years of relevant work experience in similar field.
Job LOCATION: Based in Sunkoshi Rural Municipality -6 Thumpakhar, Sindhupalchok with frequent travel to district head quarter Chautara and field
- Familiarity with Government health policy, plan and service delivery system, experience in planning, conducting action and operational research, recording and reporting, publication and dissemination, advocacy of MNH and RH issues, monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills and communication skill.
- Experiences in implementing in governance tools to improve the social accountability in health
- Two-Wheeler driving License (Valid Period of time)
The district project coordinator (DPC) is responsible for overall management of project in target municipality/Rural Municipality in the district. He/she is responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities and also take a lead in the organizational development to boost the organization’s portfolio apart from the project. DPC will be responsible to oversee the overall management of the organization including staff performance and administrative work. He/she requires providing technical assistance to project team for monitoring of project activities, documentation of outcomes and sharing with the concerned Government and Non-government agencies for their wider replication. He/she is also responsible for the timely reporting as per the project document, assist in conducing baseline/end line survey and other studies to be done. He/she is responsible for inter-sectoral coordination and networking in the district and work in team with a common goal of Strengthening Approaches for Maximizing Maternal, Neonatal, and Reproductive Health (SAMMAN). Being lead of the project team in the district, she/he is responsible for management of team, project office and budget accordingly.
Following are the key roles of DPC :
I. Program, Planning and Implementation
Key Role and Responsibility
- Take a lead in developing monthly, quarterly and annual plan of project and share with local and district authorities on time for approval and information sharing
- Provide technical support to the district base project team in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the field activities in line with the project goal and objectives
- Keep all the project staff and board members updated on project requirement; implementation guideline, tools and procedure for their understanding and use
- Work with local government and identify the common issues and agendas about MNCH, family planning and Quality of services where project can support and provide technical and programmatic assistances to address the issues as appropriate
- Review project budget, track the expenditure of budget regularly
II. M&E, Documentation Research
- and make sure that the team members have similar understanding about the tools for their use
- Make sure that project data is being collected from field regularly, analyze them against quality benchmarks and share with CARE and other relevant government and non-government organizations
- Have frequent field visit to monitor program activities/interventions against quality bench mark, produce & share monitoring reports in line with findings of baseline report and prepare action plan jointly with project team for further improvement.
- Support to M&E specialist of CARE while conducting baseline/end line survey, research, developing M&E action plan and implementation of the plan
- Ensure data quality of the periodic report; verify those data and information from sources periodically in sample basis and orient the field staff at the site for further improvement
- Organize quarterly review meeting of the project at district, identify the gaps and issues and take the action accordingly for the further improvement
- Organize the monitoring visits of Government Officials and the project sites to bring their attention about the programs
- Document the learnings and major findings of the project interventions; SATH, QI, CHSB and share with CARE and government on regular basis
III. Linkage, coordination and advocacy and program integration
- Coordinate with district level line agencies and like-minded organizations to avoid the duplication of the project activities and develop the synergy in programs
- Ensure the participation of the project team in different health related committee for coordination among stakeholders.
- Share the project update with District Health Office and Local Authority periodically and invite them for monitoring of the project activities in the field
- Coordinate with Local Municipal Level for leverage of local resources in family health (FP/MNCH).
- Support CHFs to work in close coordination with HFOMCs/CSGs/MG-H in respective HFs and local levels.
- Contribute in mainstreaming RBA/GED/Good Governance through effective implementation of strategic direction and health strategy.
- Ensure access to basic right to health care services and participation in community forums for Poor, Vulnerable and Socially Exclude (PVSE) groups in the project area – Right Based Approach (RBA), Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) and Good Governance should be reflected in every activity through the project – Mainstreaming of RBA/GED/Good Governance should be ensured
IV. Financial management, Administrative and Human Resource Management
- Make sure that budget request is made on time and disbursement is made with high compliance as per the partnership grant agreement made between CARE and organization
- Monitor project expenditures and take necessary action to ensure the burn rate is within acceptable limits
- Ensure that functional administrative systems are established and maintained in the project and the partners
- Follow strictly the organizational policies and requirements on procurement manual, finance manual, personnel manual, etc.
- Ensure that all staffs have job descriptions and performance appraisal formats and orient them as required.
- Ensure that the personnel policies (contract renewal/extension, disciplinary actions etc.) are effectively followed.
VI. Developing organizational portfolio
- Take a lead role in expanding the organizational portfolio, bidding proposals and exploring new opportunities to expand the reach of organization in the sector of health
- Provide technical input to the executive board for organizational capacity building.
- Coordinate with other local NGOs/organization and relevant stakeholders to plan and implement health plans and actions within the district. To assist the executive board in updating the organizational policies and plans if required.
- Ensure that healthy relationship is maintained both within the organization and with the relevant stakeholders regarding program implementation.
Additional skills /qualities:
The candidate should be proactive, able to perform multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with good knowledge on computer programs and excellent command in oral and written English. Furthermore, ability and experience of managing number of subordinates and working in time pressure will also be an asset for this program.
2) JOB POSITION: Health Officer (HO) – 1 position
Minimum Required Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or nursing with minimum two years of relevant work experience in similar field.
Job LOCATION: Based in Sunkoshi Rural Municipality -6 Thumpakhar, Sindhupalchok but more than 75% travel in field (project communities’ municipality and rural municipality)
- Familiarity with GoN health policy, plan and service delivery system, experience in planning, conducting action and operational research, recording and reporting, publication and dissemination, advocacy of MNCH and RH issues, monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills and communication skill. Having 2 wheelers valid license will add value.
The Health Officer is responsible for overall management of the project in the target municipal level. H/She is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and advocacy of project in the district and municipal level. He/she requires providing technical assistance to Community Health Facilitators and health workers for effective monitoring, evaluation, documentation, and dissemination of project process, achievement and learning. He/she is also responsible for the timely reporting as per the project document and also provide technical support in conducting research studies and special/case studies and link with advocacy initiatives around RH and MNH and Family Planning issues in the district/municipal. He/she is responsible for inter-sectoral coordination and networking in the district/municipal and work in team with a common goal of Strengthening Approaches for Maximizing Maternal, Neonatal, and Reproductive Health (SAMMAN) in Sindhupalchok District of province # 3 of Nepal.
Key Role and Responsibility of HO
I. Program, Planning and Implementation
- Assist District Project Coordinator (DPC) in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual plan of project activities in the district ensuring the timely sharing to project team
- Ensure and provide guidance to all Community Health Facilitators (CHF) to prepare monthly and quarterly plan
- Assist DPC to review project budget and plan it for the implementation of project activities
- Support admin and finance assistant in requesting project budget on time and disbursing it with high compliance
- Ensure all the CHFs are working with high motive and according to their work plan in respective field
- Involve in direct implementation of project activities directly or indirectly ensuring overall management at district and municipal level
- Assist to share the project activity plan periodically to respective line agency (DHO/DPHO/Municipal) and ensure the participation of project team in RHCC/DPAC/M-RMPAC, mostly.
- Provide timely supervision to project staffs with planned supervisory mechanism (tools, process, reporting etc) and ensure whether all the project activities are being implemented as per the plan or not and monitor the overall activities in line with resources allocated.
- Focus on activities which are highly prioritized by the project Family Planning (FP), Birth Preparedness Package (BPP), Birthing Centre Strengthening, Community Based Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness (CB IMNCI), Quality Improvement (QI) Self-Applied Technique for Quality Health (SATH), Community Health Score Board (CHSB) and overall maternal and child health in the district.
- Ensure that HO is being regularly participated in major activities of the Health Office and Municipal especially those related to the project activities
II. M&E, Documentation Research
- Prepare project accomplished reports on time in close coordination with DPC, District focal person, FP/RH officer, Health Coordinators and CARE Nepal
- Prepare and communicate the trip/event report to project team
- Document the learnings, major findings and innovations with high priority ensuring the visibility of Donor, CARE, Health Office, Municipal and respective partner organization in project district
- Ensure timely documentation and reporting of SATH, CHSB, CB-IMNCI, Birthing center update and others as per the need of project
- Submit timely monthly and quarterly plan to CARE Nepal (M&E and Documentation Specialist) ensuring the quality of report every time
- Ensure all the visitors (inside or outside the country) get updated in project activities in the field with quality work done with the support from CHFs as and when required
- Assist Program Manager, M&E and Documentation Specialist and consultant in the preparation of M&E tools, operational research, base line survey, outcome survey and end line survey ensuring the quality of information received from respective respondents.
- Support to analyse and document the data generated from field to produce evidence based and quality reports so that project can use it for wider sharing and resource leverage.
III. Linkage, coordination and advocacy, program integration and implementation
- Assist DPC to coordinate with district/municipal level line agencies and like-minded organizations for better outcome of the project.
- Assist DPC in the participation in RHCC and DPAC/M-RMPAC for good coordination among stakeholders.
- Assist to share the project update with Health Office/Municipal periodically and ensure the participation in joint monitoring and supervision for better understanding and coordination.
- Assist DPC in joint planning and implementation with HO/Municipal for similar activities to avoid the duplication and better use of scarce resource.
- Assist to coordinate with Municipal for leverage of local resources in family health (FP/MNCH).
- Implement project activities at focused ward/municipal in close coordination with Health coordinator/Health Office
- Support CHFs to work in close coordination with HFOMCs/CSGs/MG-H in respective ward and municipal.
IV. Contribute in mainstreaming RBA/GED/Good Governance through effective implementation of strategic direction and health strategy.
- Ensure access to basic right to health care services and participation in community forums for Poor, Vulnerable and Socially Excluded (PVSE) groups in the project area
- Right Based Approach (RBA), Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) and Good Governance should be reflected in every activity through the project
- Mainstreaming of RBA/GED/Good Governance should be ensured
For all above positions,
Qualified, experienced and interested candidate are informed to send their updated CV, copies of testimonials with other relevant documents and an application (interest letter) to:
Final deadline for application is 4.00 pm, 9th February, 2019. In the letter and/or email subject line, please mention the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
Local, indigenous, dalit and woman candidates having above qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.