Director, Strategic Evidence and Research- PSI
Population Service International (PSI) is pioneer in the field of social marketing with focus on evidence based programming for measurable health impact. As a global network operating in over 60 countries, PSI works with the private and public sector to enable vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives by increasing access to affordable products and services. PSI/Nepal began operations in early 2002 and has been partnering with the Government of Nepal, the private sector and local and international organizations in areas of nationally defined health priorities to create health solutions that are built to last. Its current portfolio includes family planning, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, and hygiene and sanitation programs.
PSI/Nepal is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
No of Vacancy: 1
Job Location: Based in Kathmandu
The Director, Strategic Evidence and Research is responsible for ensuring that evidence and research is strategically produced and used across the PSI/Nepal platform to inform and drive program performance, inclusive of M&E, Research and System Development. Additionally, the Director, Strategic Evidence and Research will contributing actively to the overall management and governance of PSI/Nepal as member of the Senior Management Team (SMT); contributing to new business development and program innovations; and representing PSI/Nepal in various national and international platforms.
Experience and Qualification:
- Master’s in public health, Epidemiology or equivalent; Doctorate preferred.
- At least seven years of progressive professional experience on monitoring, evaluation, surveillance and research in health program/projects, with at least five years in leadership role;
- Strong context analysis skills with competencies to design, deliver and utilize research in public health that responds to national and international health agenda;
- Strong competence of managing and representing health projects/organization and managing/leading a team;
- Proven track record of contributions to peer reviewed publications;
- Track record of leading with evidence with NGOs, civil society, government and multi- and bi-lateral agencies
- Capable of performing in a complex environment with cultural sensitivity
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking and writing)
For more Job Description, please click here
Interested candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and updated resume (including two referees) by March 21, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection process.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer”