Vysnova Partners, Inc. (Vysnova) provides professional and technical services to Federal agency clients. Vysnova staff manages programs and projects primarily within the Public Health, Government Acquisition and Training sectors. We work throughout in the U.S. and overseas including; Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East chiefly for governmental clients, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Defense (DOD), the General Services Administration (GSA), and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Currently, Vysnova Partners is seeking a highly motivated Data Processing Specialist with the Demographic and Health Surveys project. The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) project assists developing countries toimplement household-based surveys in the areas of maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and nutrition.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain software systems for data entry, editing, imputation, and analysis for paper based population surveys in developing countries
- Develop and support PDA and tablet based computer-aided interviewing systems in developing countries
- Build capacity in implementing agencies worldwide via workshops and seminars on data use and survey processing
- Produce data analysis to support country report production
- Carry out data archiving and provide technical support for data users
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Demography, or Public Health related fields required. Master’s preferred.
- Strong programming skills in an accepted programming language such as C#, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience using CSPro would be a plus.
- Availability to travel internationally approximately 15% of the time.
- Familiarity with DHS datasets
- Experience in public health or demographic research
- Familiarity with SPSS, SAS, Stata, or other statistical software packages
- Experience in working or living in the developing world
- A relevant second language, such as French or Russian