National Individual Consultants for Emergency Roster – WASH in Emergency Response based in Kathmandu and Provinces of Nepal, UNICEF Nepal Country Office ( Only for Nepalese Nationals)
Job Number: 519687 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Nepal
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose of this Consultancy,
The Consultants will be engaged to provide technical assistance to UNICEF country office, field offices and its partners to implement humanitarian activities related to WASH identified during humanitarian response and recovery period.
- Provide assistance to UNICEF country office, provincial offices and local government/WASH Cluster as part of strengthening the Government capacity as cluster lead on response and recovery works.
- Coordinate with national/local government and non-government organizations/cluster members/INGOs/NGOs in the emergency response support works
- Provide assistance to UNICEF team in development of partnerships and ensure quality implementation of response and recovery programs under this partnership
- Monitor response and recovery works including partner’s WASH response/recovery activities and provide progress report on UNICEF supported activities and/or WASH Cluster activities.
- Provide technical support for ensuring all supplies provided by UNICEF WASH is of quality and is well received and utilized in the affected areas
- Support the UNICEF team in timely reporting and documentation of response/recovery and further planning of preparedness or recovery works as required.
- Support UNICEF team to conduct activities as required during the course of response and recovery.
The Consultants based in Kathmandu will work under the supervision of the Emergency WASH Specialist and for Consultants based in Provinces will work under the supervision of Provincial WASH Officers to support the emergency WASH response and recovery.
Qualification and competencies
- University degree preferably at an advanced level, in WASH engineering, public health, sanitary engineering, social sciences, behavior change communication, or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
- Minimum two years of relevant practical, professional work experience in project administration, management, including research and data analysis related to emergency preparedness, response, recovery and reconstruction on WASH. Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF.
Special skills and competencies:
Demonstrated management and coordination skills especially in the field of WASH disaster management and emergencies. Excellent written and oral presentation skills in Nepali and English, strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, drive for results, willingness and ability to work in hardship environments. Readily available for deployment in case of large scale emergency, cultural and gender sensitivity and experience in building partnerships.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This is a call for interest for National Individual Consultants to be included in Emergency Consultant Roster of UNICEF Nepal Country Office in the sector of WASH.
Opening Date Tue Feb 05 2019 10:15:00 GMT+0700 (Western Indonesia Time) Nepal Standard Time
Closing Date Tue Feb 19 2019 01:10:00 GMT+0700 (Western Indonesia Time)