Control of Neglected Tropical Diseases: ENVISION
Scope of Work for NTD database,Consultant
Position Title: Consultant
Supervisor: Program Manager, Control of Neglected Tropical Disease – ENVISION, Nepal
The Control of Neglected Tropical Diseases- ENVISION project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by the Research Triangle Institute (RTI International). ENVISION is an integrated treatment program aimed at reducing the collective disease burden of five neglected tropical diseases: lymphatic Filariasis(LF), Onchocerciasis, Trachoma, Schistosomiasis and Soil Transmitted Helminthes(STH). RTI-ENVISON is supporting GoN to control and eliminate three neglected tropical disease: lymphatic filariasis, trachoma and soil transmitted helminthes since 2010.
The ENVISION Project at RTI International (RTI) seeks technical support to assist in the data collection and data entry for targeted NTDs in the Integrated NTD Database. The database is a WHO tool to be used by the MOH’s national NTD programs to strengthen the quality of data compilation, analysis and use. The consultant will work with the national MOH teams to identify and collect all existing data to enter into the integrated NTD database to update it. The NTD database system will be established in EDCD. The consultant will report to Program Manager and perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate with Epidemiology and Disease Control Department (EDCD), Child Health Division (CHD) and National Trachoma Program (NTP) for electronic and hard copies of historical information.
- Collect all NTD related historical data, review and ensure validity of these data in coordination with respective Program Managers before data entry.
- Create a system that helps organize the compiled data in a structured manner and enter disease specific data into the database.
- Update the data compilation/data entry progress on a weekly basis to the Program Manager at RTI-ENVISION.
- Provide technical support to NTD secretariat / EDCD and each disease programs to demonstrate data entry, reports generation, and data retrieving techniques.
- Weekly progress report.
- Final compilation of all available data by year, ready for data entry into the database.
- Final updated Integrated NTD database with all historical data entered and submitted to RTI/ENVISION.
- Qualification and experiences:
- He/she will require a bachelor degree in Public health/Statistics/Population studies or other related field with experiences in Government of Nepal (GoN) health service delivery system.
- Preferable 1 year past experience, in NTD control program/ Research activities on health and/ or M&E will be added advantage.
- He/she must have excellent knowledge of Excel software and spreadsheets.
- He/she must have demonstrated skill on data entry and familiar in database computer software; and web based data management.
- Proficiency in verbal and written language skill in Nepali and English will be preferred.
- The duty station will be Epidemiology and Disease Control Department (EDCD), and require visiting disease specific divisions at MOH, DoHS and NNJS/NTP.
- Period of Performance and level of effort:
- The period of performance will be from August 1st, 2017 – September 20, 2017. The level of effort is not to exceed 20 working days.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to ENVISION, P. O. Box: 8975 E.P.C.:943, Oasis Complex, Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur or email to ENVISIONNepal@np-ntd.rti.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Deadline is 5:00 pm, July 19, 2017, Wednesday; however applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Please visit our website at http://www.rti.org/globalhealth
for more information on our work in global health.