Jhpiego– an International non-profit health organization with more than two decades of its presence in Nepal is seeking candidates for the position of “COMMUNITY HEALTH QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) OFFICERS” for the USAID-Health for Life Project. Health for Life is a project financed by USAID and working primarily in coordination with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP). As a result, H4L has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices.
H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society. The primary goal of Health for Life is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s capacity to plan, manage and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. H4L activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance, data for decision making and evidence-based policy development, human resources management, quality improvement systems, and knowledge and behavior change This vacancy is announced to prepare a roster of the potential candidate who will be deputed to the Health for Life working Districts.
- Work with the Health for Life Project District Program Coordinators to strengthen the DPHO and other district structures to identify QI issues, address gaps, mobilize resources and better serve communities with quality FP/MNCH services. Travel within Health for Life districts to identify systems gaps and build capacity of communities, facilities and VDCs for QI; monitor and coordinate with LTAPs and consultants. Prepare Health for Life district-based work-plans, reports and briefs as required; document case studies, lessons learned and challenges at the district and sub-district levels.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health/ Nursing or any other relevant subject with at least 4-5 years’ experience or Master degree in relevant subject with at least 2-3 yrs experience.
- PCL Nursing/ HA background preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of community based health programs. Extensive field experience working with rural and remote communities.
- Experience integrating cross-cutting issues such as gender equity and social inclusion. Good oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Interested candidate should submit their application stating their motivation along with an updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Community Health Quality Improvement Officer’ in the subject line by 24 July 2017. Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained. Jhpiego is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified women and candidates from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.