- Work with the Executive Manager, Research Coordinator and Program Coordinators to develop and implement a comprehensive communication, outreach and research dissemination strategy.
- Lead in developing written/visual/audio and online content for different research and programmes of the organization.
- Translate complex research activities and findings into simple, yet effective content to reach lay people in the community and government.
- Prepare the organization’s periodic reports, brochures and policy briefs and coordinate to disseminate it in a local and international level through traditional media like newspapers, radio and television and alternative media like social media, bloggers, podcast producers and academic journals.
- Travel to various working areas of the organization and document the organization’s work and activities.
- Manage the organization’s social media sites – twitter, facebook, linked-in, instagram and YouTube.
- Manage and update contents of the organization’s website.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or public health.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Nepali.
- Prior experience of developing various communication materials and disseminating it through different channels.
- Experience and passion for using social media for effective communication and dialogue.
- Proficiency in MS office, Photoshop and ability in web content management, using video graphics tools, photography/photo editing, or willingness to learn independently.
- Have clear and effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to convey complex ideas and research findings into array of platforms in language tailored for the specific audience.
- Creative, focus in detail, ability to work independently and highly organized.
- Prior experience working with non-governmental/academic institutions is an added value. In addition, the applicant should have an interest in mental health and psychological issues. Salary will depend on prior experiences, knowledge on using different communication tools and platforms and motivation to work. A valid 2-wheeler- driving license is required as this position requires high mobility.