Qualified Individuals to Conduct Hospital Service Delivery Assessment (Clinical Expert & Public health /Health management Expert) – SSBH
Strengthening Systems for Better Health (SSBH) is a 5-year project aimed at improving health outcomes in Nepal, particularly for the most marginalized and disadvantaged groups in the country. This will be accomplished through supporting the Government of Nepal’s efforts to expand access to and use of quality maternal, newborn and child health and family planning services, with a specific focus on newborn care. Strengthening Systems for Better Health was initiated in January 2018 and will achieve three outcomes:
- improving access to and utilization of equitable healthcare services,
- improving the quality of health services at facility and community levels and
- improving health system governance, within the context of decentralization and federalism.
The Activity is implemented in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population, the Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration at federal level, provincial and municipal governments, facility and community level health service providers and other key stakeholders. Project technical sta will engage at national, provincial and municipal levels in the target geographic areas of Karnali Province and Banke, Bardiya, and Dang of Province 5. The project is implemented collaboratively by Abt Associates, Save the Children, Karnali Academy of Health Sciences (KAHS) and Management Support Services (MASS).
We are looking for qualified individuals to conduct the hospital service delivery assessment in Karnali Province. Based on the tools and protocols developed by the Activity team, the qualified individual(s) will conduct the following tasks:
- Preparation for assessment
- Data Collection
- Data Cleaning
- Analyze and synthesize data; and prepare draft report
- Share draft report
- Incorporate inputs received in the report
- Final report submission and dissemination
Estimated Time frame
- Preparation for Assessment-1 Week
- Data Collection–3-4 Week
- Data Cleaning -1 Week
- Analyze and synthesize data; and prepare draft report -2 Week
- Share draft report for review-2 Week
- Incorporate inputs received in the report-1 Week
- Final report submission and dissemination -1 Week
Required Qualification and Experience
1. Clinical expert – 2
- University Degree in Medicine or Nursing (BN/BSc Nursing/MBBS) with Master’s degree or MDGP.
- At least three years of professional experience in a clinical setting
2. Public health/health management expert – 2
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Nursing or Health Care Management or Hospital Administration with clinical background (HA/SN/BN/BSc Nursing/MBBS) preferred
- At least three years of professional experience in clinical settings including MNCH/FP and conducted hospital assessments
3. Experience in conducting similar assessment covering clinical and human resource assessment, assessment of logistic and supplies with clinical knowledge and skill of health care providers including engagement with medical superintendent, medical officers, nursing and other hospital support staff
4. Strong coordination and communication skill including ability to effectively manage relationships between different stakeholders
5. Demonstrated experience data management, use of statistical software (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and report writing and presentation
6.Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
7. Able to travel to remote areas within short notice and available for the duration of the assessment.
Interested and qualified individuals should send their applications with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Call for Qualified Individuals to Conduct Hospital Service Delivery Assessment “by 07 March 2019 and may request for electronic copies of the Scope of Work by email.
- Application (application letter mentioning the task of interest/experience
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 4 pages)with names of two referees
- BioData 1420 form –can be collected via email