Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards
Chevening awards: Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influencers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Chevening Scholarships 2018/2019 timeline
|7 August 2017||Applications open at 12:00 BST|
|7 November 2017||Applications close at 12:00 GMT|
|From 8 November 2017||Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria|
|Mid-November to December 2017||Independent reading committees assess eligible applications|
|January to early February 2018||Applicants are shortlisted for interviews by the British Embassies/High Commissions in-country|
|By mid-February 2018||Applicants are notified that they have been selected for interview|
|26 February 2018||Deadline for applicants invited to interview to submit references and undergraduate certificates|
|5 March to 2 May 2018||Global interview period|
|Early June 2018||Announcement of interview results|
|12 July 2018||Deadline for UK university unconditional offers|
|12 July 2018||Deadline for meeting English language requirement|
|September/October 2018||2018/2019 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK|
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
You are not eligible for a Chevening awards if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2015) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organisation for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- (Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships are open! Apply.
Recent Public Health Jobs[catlist id=112 numberposts=35]
Job vacancies (All Health related):[catlist id=110 numberposts=35]
Consultancy :[catlist id=47 numberposts=15]
Opportunities:[catlist id=26 numberposts=20]
Recent Fellowships & Scholarships[catlist id=115 numberposts=15]
Conferences :[catlist id=28 numberposts=25]
Public Health :[catlist id=25 numberposts=25]
Important Notices:[catlist id=111 numberposts=15]
Public Health Important Days:[catlist id=108 numberposts=15]
Public Health News:[catlist id=139 numberposts=15]
National Plan Policies & Documents:[catlist id=33 numberposts=15]
International Plan Policies & Documents:[catlist id=124 numberposts=15]
EOI/RFP :[catlist id=48 numberposts=15]
Public Health Education :[catlist id=8 numberposts=25]
Tips & Techniques:[catlist id=51 numberposts=25]
Public Health Presentations:[catlist id=127 numberposts=25]