Certificate in General Medicine (Health Assistant) – CTEVT
CTEVT has introduced a three-years Certificate in Health Assistant Program to produce Health Assistant as middle level medical service providers
Objectives of the program
The graduates of Certificate in Health Sciences (General Medicine) Health Assistant Program are
- Demonstrate competency in identifying and resolving community health problems.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and clinicalskills necessary to diagnose and manage primary health problems of patients.
- Exhibit leadership skills and professional characteristics and attitude required in the role of Health Post Manager.
- Demonstrate the necessary knowledge and skills to work in a variety of health care settings.
- The certificate in general medicine is a three years (annual system) program.
This first year curriculum for General Medicine consists of foundational subjects such as Mathematics, English, Nepali, Social Study and Basic Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Botany& Zoology) are offered to built the base. The disciplinary subject ‘Anatomy and physiology’ is included in order to lure them to their respective field. Most of the subjects offered in first year are of theoretical nature with some lab practices in basic science, computer and anatomy & physiology.It has the computer part in mathematics that demands practice in computer lab. Anatomy and physiology introduces the sector and guides the students to their specified medical field. The curriculum structure and the content reflects the details of all first year subjects. Academic requirements to enter bachelor in health sciences is considered while designed this first year course.
- SLC Pass upto 2071 SLC or SLC with GPA 2.00 plus minimum C grade in Compulsory Mathematics, English & Science after letter grading.
- TSLC in relevant course with minimum 66.68%
- Should pass entrance examination as administered by CTEVT.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali.
Those who completed General Medicine course can be eligible to sit in the entrance examination of Bachelor in Public Health (BPH) and other disciplines, but need to complete deficiency course of science conducted by Higher Secondary Education Board (HSEB) to be eligible for MBBS entrance examination. In order to study Bachelor in Nursing (BN) two years of job experience is required. In addition, graduates of Diploma in Pharmacy and Proficiency in Medical Lab Technology courses can be eligible for the bachelor level in respective subjects.