Call for Honorary International Fellow of ASTMH (FASTMH)
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Call for application from eligible candidates for Honorary International Fellow of ASTMH (FASTMH).
Honorary International Fellow of ASTMH (FASTMH) formally recognizes up to five individuals who have made eminent contributions to a particular aspect of tropical medicine or hygiene. Prior to 2013, this recognition was known as “Honorary Member.” The change to Honorary International Fellow of ASTMH (FASTMH) was adopted after the FASTMH was created and better reflects the importance of this recognition.
Nominations are limited to non-U.S. citizens. Individuals who maintain dual citizenship are not eligible. Self-nomination is allowed. The individuals recognized by the ASTMH Council as meeting this exceptional standard are publicly acknowledged at the Annual Meeting.
- Nomination letter (one page maximum)
- Those nominating a candidate must be a current member of ASTMH. Candidates do not need to be a member of the Society.
- Self-nominations are allowed. The individual nominating him or herself does not have to be a member of ASTMH.
- Letters of support, each no longer than two pages that clearly and succinctly outline the individual’s contribution, impact and specifically related honors, achievements, standing in the field, etc. No more than four letters of support can be submitted.
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae