Call for Applications “Youth in Asia: Sharing Action towards SRH” – YUWA: YUWA invites applications from ambitious, enthusiastic and committed candidates to become Youth SRH champion.
Youth in Asia: Sharing Action towards SRH program is an international exchange in-between Nepal and Cambodia. The duration of the program would be three months. The program will open space where participants will be enabled to learn and contribute to promoting SRHR through activities such as debate, action research, group discussion, workshop etc. The participants will not only learn about SRHR, but also the diverse cultures, leadership from this exchange program. The exchange program contributes to produce technical human resource and at the same time will strengthen the internal capacity of the organization to conduct effective SRHR program and its advocacy.
Key Responsibility of participants
The participants interested in this exchange program needed to fulfill and complete the following two key tasks:
- Participants have to attend full exchange program by staying in Cambodia for 3 months starting approximately from mid-January to mid-April,2019. During this 3-month exchange program, the participants will organize and conduct three key activities in Cambodia which includes workshop, action research, develop SRHR papers and other activities as required and stated by the project coordinator.
- When coming back from the 3-month exchange, the participants (volunteer) are required to be the volunteer at YUWA for 3 months starting approximately from mid-April to mid-July, 2019. During voluntary work, the participants are required to develop an action plan to organize such as training session of SRHR to other YUWA community Youth Networks and conduct the field visit to track learning and documentation of SRHR project, monthly meeting and other tasks required.
- Youth interested in this exchange program has to fulfill with the following requirement as:
- Should be a Nepalese citizen
- Should be between the age of 16-25
- Spend at least 6 months with the exchange program from approximately January to June 2019.
- Education or experience related to public health (Sexual reproductive health and rights)
- Bachelors graduate in social science or public health
- Parents/Guardian filled in acceptance letter for the exchange program along with the citizenship
- Willing to learn new things and sharing
- Team work affiliation, good teamwork, leading groups, developing the plan of events or campaigns, the mutual network supporting, individual and group reflection, and be able to build good team spirit.
- Good leadership, engage to take on the leadership role, management, presentation and communication skills Strong commitment to working with peer or groups and goal setting.
- Call for applications released – 19th October 2018
- Deadline for application submission – 27th October 2018
- Interview of the candidates- 28th and 29th October 2018
- Review of applications – 30th October 2018
- Successful applicants will be informed by – 31st October 2018
- Date of travel- End of December 2018
- Date of return- Mid of April 2018
- Action plan implementation in Nepal-May-July 2018
APPLICATION FORM: Link
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LINK