Call for Emerging Voices for Global Health 2018 (EV4GH 2018)
Call for Emerging Voices for Global Health 2018 (EV4GH 2018) At The FIFTH Global Health Symposium on Health Systems Research ‘Advancing Health Systems for All in the Sustainable Development Goal Era’
The Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research will take place in Liverpool on 8-12 October 2018.
Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH) is an innovative multi-partner blended training program for young, promising and emerging health policy & systems researchers, decision makers and other health system actors with an interest to become influential global health voices and/or local change makers. EV4GH coaches “Emerging Voices” to participate actively in international conferences where global health issues are addressed and to raise their voice in scientific and policy debates. Five previous EV4GH editions were organized, linked to an international or regional global health event. In 2010 EV4GH was linked to the First Global Symposium on Health
Systems Research in Montreux, in 2012 to the Second Global Symposium in Beijing, in 2013 to the AIDS in Africa Conference (ICASA) in Cape Town, in 2014 to the Third Global Symposium on Health Systems Research in Cape Town and in 2016 to the Fourth Global Symposium in Vancouver. Till now, 232 Emerging Voices from 53 countries have passed through the programme and are playing leadership roles in their countries and beyond.
EV4GH 2018 tracks for young researchers and other health system actors
The EV4GH programme is managed by an internationally representative governance committee consisting of EV alumni elected by previous EV4GH participants and a few invited members from academia (from EV partner institutes, mostly). For EV 2018, we work closely with the Liverpool Symposium Local Organising Committee and Health Systems Global and shall create opportunities for and support young health researchers, decision makers and other health actors to stage their work at the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. An Emerging Voices consortium has been established with a secretariat hosted at the Institute of Public Health Bangalore (India) and several partner institutions including (in alphabetical order)
- Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM), Antwerp, Belgium
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi, India
- Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
- The University of Cape Town (UCT), Cape Town, South Africa
For the EV4GH 2018 venture, application are invited from young researchers as well as other health system actors to choose one of two tracks.
What is the EV4GH training?
For both tracks, the full EV4GH 2018 venture consists of:
- E-coaching and distance learning in preparation of a face-to-face training (July – Sept 2018)
- Face-to-face training: scientific presentation, networking and communication skills coaching using innovative formats, and content training & field visit to the National Health Service (Liverpool, end of September – 5 October 2018)
- Young researchers (& other changemakers’) pre-conference (6 October 2018)
- Participation in the Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (Liverpool, 8-12 October 2018)
- Wrap-up – focusing on Emerging ‘beyond Liverpool’ (Liverpool, 13 October 2018)
- Membership of EV4GH network and other thematic working groups of Health Systems Global
Who can apply?
There will be two tracks for which participants can apply to be an EV 2018. While one track is reserved for researchers involved in health policy and systems research, the other track seeks to attract health professionals, activists, decision or policy-makers and/or other health systems actors.