Medical Treatment of Deprived Citizens (Bipanna Nagarik Kosh), Ministry of Health
Published on: Jan 23, 2018 (Updated: Jan 25 2019)
Medical Treatment of Deprived Citizens (Bipanna Nagarik Kosh), Ministry of Health : Bipanna Nagarik Kosh was started after the Janandolan of 2062 BS. With the country slowly recovering from the decade long armed conflict, this Kosh was established to provide some financial relief to people from difficult and expensive diseases. Cardiovascular diseases, Cancer, Renal failure, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Head and Spinal injury, Sickle Cell Anaemia and Stroke are covered under this program.
Those eligible to claim services under the Bipanna Nagarik Kosh will receive the following:
- Each patient will be provided NRs. 1,00,000/- as health care expense including medicines required for disease management
- For patients with renal impairment
- Free haemo-dialysis and peritoneal dialysis for 1 year
- NRs. 2,00,000/- as kidney transplant expense
- NRs. 1,00,000/- in one or more installments as medicine expense for post-transplant management
- NRs. 1,00,000 to purchase medicine post kidney transplant is provided as cash grant. All other subsidies are provided directly through hospitals in Nepal.
If a required treatment is not available in Nepal, deprived citizens are eligible to receive up to Rs. 1,00,000 in cash for treatment outside Nepal. A proof of the unavailability of the treatment in Nepal and an approval from Ministry of Health will be required to receive this treatment allowance.
The service provision is not applicable to be repeated for different diseases in the same patient.
Services under this programme are available at various health facilities and hospitals recognized and enlisted by the Ministry of Health. The details have been tabulated below:
|1||Cardiovascular disease (Heart)||
|4||Sickle Cell Anaemia||
|5,6||Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease||
|7,8||Head and Spinal Injury||
Please review the updated list of health facilities in guideline attached below
Any citizen who cannot bear the cost of medical treatment for aforementioned diseases is eligible for the services under this programme.
Guideline to Implement livelihood allowance for Cancer, Kidney & paralyzed patients from spinal injuries