Asia Pacific Advanced Network Fellowship Programme: The objective of the APAN Fellowship Program is to promote “Global collaboration” through applicants participation in APAN meetings, which is held twice yearly. It is hoped that the meeting would provide them with the right environment to “network” with other researchers. It is also the intend that the participant will promote Global Collaboration among their local community after the meeting.
Fellowships are offered on a competitive basis, to be chosen from participating economies in APAN. Specifically, students (graduates and undergraduates) are encouraged to apply, although young researchers may be accorded sponsorship. Applicants whose papers are accepted for presentations will have favored status. A short note from the candidate on his/her “Motivation to Participate” may also help the reviewers in their final selection. Due to the large number of declines at the last minute owing to unavailability of airfare, it is necessary to prove that the applicant has support for airfare at the time of application.
- Candidate should be a citizen of an economy in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date of application (19 Oct 2018)
- Candidate must be from a University/Research & Development Community/Non-Profit organization.
- Candidate must have support for airfare
To apply for fellowship, please complete and submit the online application. You should upload a scanned copy of the official support letter for airfare with the application.
Applications involving paper presentations will be given preference. Applications other than the prescribed format will not be considered. Applications that are submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be invited to join meeting.
- Application Submission
- Selection Results
- Acknowledgement from selected fellows through email within specified date.
- In the case of non-receipt of email acknowledgement, another fellow on the waiting list will be selected.
- Waiting List announcement
- APAN Meeting
|Registration Fee||Access to All Sessions/Workshops/Tutorials|
|Food||Lunches, tea break (During Conference) and social events|
|Local transportation||Transport Allowance (to and from Airport – accommodation site)|
|Accommodation||Twin sharing (Check-in Feb 17, Check-out Feb 22)|
- 19 Sep 2018 – Call for applications
- 19 Oct 2018 – Applications close
- 29 Oct 2018 – Country and APAN review of applications
- 02 Nov 2018 – Announcement of the initial list
- 12 Nov 2018 – Confirmation from the selected fellows