ASEAN Youth Exchange Program 2018,
29th July – 6th August 2018, Bangkok, Thailand
Since the declaration on the establishment of ASEAN Community was endorsed during 27th ASEAN Summit in 2015, ASEAN has officially formed its mutual integrations and has been recognized as ‘One Community’. ASEAN vision, along with plans and strategies, have been set in order to create regional consolidation and integration in the political, economic and cultural perspectives. Consequently, ‘ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together’ has come into the statement of the aspiration to promote the ASEAN community building within 2025.
As of 2018, the realization of ASEAN vision is on its way. Our region has witnessed remarkable progress on many areas of cooperation, such as connectivity and shared prosperity. Within a few years after ASEAN was formed, a number of roads, bridges, rails, and ports have been built to physically connect all 10 countries together and foster unprecedented development in the region.
With greater connectivity comes greater access to economic opportunities for the citizens. Gradually, extreme poverty in ASEAN is being diminished as economic growth is shared more evenly throughout each country and the whole region. While it is pleasant to cherish our past success, it is more important to look ahead to ensure that vision and goals we have set are realized in a timely manner.
Recognizing the importance of ASEAN vision and its realization, the ASEAN Studies Center of Chulalongkorn University, as a platform for the dialogue among citizens of the ASEAN Member States, is inviting ASEAN students, who will become key drivers for ASEAN forward, to gather at the ASEAN Youth Exchange Program 2018 – “Shaping the visions, realizing the impossible” to enhance their understanding on the significance of ASEAN vision and their role as ASEAN citizen for the stronger cohesiveness of ASEAN community. The program will be held between 29th July – 6st August 2018 that will include lectures, discussions, workshop and site visits in Thailand.
Objectives of the Program
- To promote education on ASEAN both within and outside of the region in various dimensions, such as political-security, economic, and social-cultural perspectives
- To foster understanding on the good relations and cooperation between ASEAN countries
- To promote friendship and understanding between ASEAN youths
- To have the participating students understand and get accustomed to teamwork and engaging in joint projects
- To enhance experiences and knowledge which can be beneficial at the individual, societal, and international levels in the future
- This program opens for current Undergraduate students in ASEAN countries.
- Applicants must have a good command in English.
- Applicants must have deep interest in ASEAN Community and its partnerships
- Applicants must be in good health
- Applicants must have a passport that is valid at least 6 months (from the date 29 July 2018)
Provision of Funding to the participants
- Local transport
- Entrance Fees
* Selected Participants shall be responsible for the cost of round-trip airfares and visa fee.
**Any other expenses not directly related to the program are not covered
- Call for application 15th June – 30th June 2018; the completed application form and relevant documents must be received by Friday 30th June 2018 (5 p.m. Bangkok time GMT+7) via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selected participants will receive the confirmation letter via email by Saturday 7th July 2018 (5 p.m. Bangkok time GMT+7)
- To confirm participation in this program, participants must submit a signed confirmation documents enclosed with a copy of their passport via e-mail to email@example.com by Monday 11th July 2018 (5 p.m. Bangkok time GMT+7)
- Confirmed participants are required to forward their flight itinerary via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18th July 2018 (5 p.m. Bangkok time GMT+7)
- The activities will be held from 29th July – 6th August 2018