AIT Fellowship, The Asian Institute of Technology
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand is offering applicants to its Master and Doctoral degree programs an opportunity to qualify for generous academic fellowships. A large number of no-bond AIT Fellowships are available for students applying for postgraduate programs offered at AIT’s School of Engineering and Technology (SET); School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD); and School of Management (SOM). As Asia’s leading international higher learning institute, the AIT Fellowships are intended to increase the number of skilled international scientists, engineers, and managers required to meet the future challenges of the emerging Asian Economic Community region and beyond.
Eligibility requirements to be considered for AIT Fellowships
- Students of all nationalities are eligible.
- Satisfy English Requirements.
- Priority is given to Master degree applicants.
- A four-year Bachelor degree from a recognized university is required.
- Applicants to MBA programs require a minimum of one-year’s relevant work experience.
AIT Fellowships for Master Degree
|Fellowship||Value of Fellowship Grant||Cumulative GPA requirement|
|100%||768,000 Baht (covers tuition fees of 4 semesters)||GPA ≥ 3.50 or equivalent|
|75%||576,000 Baht (covers tuition fees of 3 semesters)||GPA ≥ 3.00 or equivalent|
|50%||384,000 Baht (covers tuition fees of 2 semesters)||GPA ≥ 2.75 or equivalent|
Eligibility Requirements for the Master’s Degree Program
To be eligible for admission to the regular master’s program, an applicant must:
- hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study from an institution of good standing acceptable to AIT.
- have undergraduate grades significantly above average; the minimum GPA requirement for admission to the Master’s Program is 2.75 or equivalent at the Bachelor degree level;
- be in satisfactory physical and mental health, and have a record of good conduct;
- For the professional Master’s degree program, in addition to the above-mentioned eligibility requirements, an applicant must:
- have at least 3 years of work experience in areas related to the academic program at AIT and
- be executives in organizations/companies.
For applicants with minimum CGPA at the bachelor degree level of less than 2.75 or equivalent, the Certificate leading to Master is being offered by AIT.
- Full-time Certificate leading to Master students completing the minimum course credit requirement and attaining a CGPA of at least 2.75 (SERD & SET) and 3.00 (SOM) at the end of the first or second semester are eligible for transfer to the Master Degree program.
- Students who are not eligible for transfer to the Master Degree program are awarded with the Certificate or Diploma.
AIT Fellowships for Doctoral Degree
- Applicants should have a Cumulative GPA of 3.50 in their Master’s degree and 2.75 in their undergraduate program from top universities.
To be eligible for admission to the regular Doctoral degree program, an applicant must:
- have strong academic records (both undergraduate and graduate) and normally hold a four-year bachelor’s degree, and a Master’s degree, preferably with a combination of course and thesis work, from an institution of good standing, acceptable to AIT. The minimum GPA requirement for admission to the doctoral program is 3.50 or equivalent at the master’s degree level.
- submit a brief outline of dissertation research proposal including the required research facilities, if necessary.
- receive a written confirmation that a faculty member at AIT is available and willing to supervise.
For applicants with minimum CGPA at the master’s degree level of less than 3.50 or equivalent, the Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) Program is being offered by AIT.
- Full-time CAS students completing the minimum course credit requirement and attaining a CGPA of at least 3.50 at the end of the second semester are eligible for transfer to the Doctoral Degree program.
- Students who are not eligible for transfer to the Doctoral Degree program are awarded the Certificate of Advanced Studies.
Fellowships cover tuition fees only but do not cover registration fees, accommodation fees or living expenses.
Please be informed that the above scheme is to be used as guidelines of the Selection Committee, but not necessary means that every applicant with the required GPA will receive the corresponding amount of the fellowship. The final decision will rest totally with the Selection Committee.
AIT Fellowship for August 2017 Intake: Deadline: 30 June 2018