Advanced Module on Public Health System in Nepal – Challenges and Opportunities (International CIH LMU Advanced Module 2018)
The CIHLMU Center for International Health is an interdisciplinary and international network of excellence with the head office located at the hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich in Germany. We have partners in Latin America, Africa and Asia, as well as alumni in more than 25 countries worldwide.
Location: Nepal / Course location in Nepal will be announced soon (Kathmandu valley or Pokhara).
Date: 07. – 11.05.2018
The course will offer an overview of the Public Health delivery system in Nepal, present the comparison of health care systems in different resource settings and examples of health related challenges from supply side (health system) and demand side (community and users).
At the end of the module the student should be able to …
- describe health care delivery system in Nepal and major sources of health information
- explain major health problems including challenges and opportunities to address those problems
- identify socio-cultural aspects of care seeking, service delivery and health behaviors
- identify innovations and initiatives taken to address these health problems both from supply side and demand side
- compare issues and challenges between health care system in developed and developing countries
- suggest possible health system solutions in a resource constrained system
This international five-day advanced module will take place from May 7th to 11th 2018.
Course Fee and Payment
Tuition fee € 1000 The tuition fee covers course material, coffee breaks and lunch. The tuition fee does not include accommodation, dinner, local and international transportation to Nepal, insurance or other personal living costs during the course. The non-refundable registration fee is due no later than April 15th, 2018.
A limited number of full scholarships are available for CIH Alumni and CIH PhD Candidates. A limited number of partial scholarships are available for participants from Nepal. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible participants based on their application and motivation letter.
Required documents for a successful registration:
- Professional Training/ Experience: Participants are expected to be trained in life sciences with a basic understanding of vector-borne diseases. In terms of entomological training, this course is intended as an introductory course.
- Proof of English fluency. tropEd students from an accredited tropEd home institution that have passed a core course in English language will be considered sufficiently fluent in English language. Also students that can provide proof of academic education passed entirely in English language will be considered sufficiently fluent. Applicants who are not able to meet either of these criteria will be asked to prove fluency by either a TOEFL (iBT score ≥ 79) or IELTS (score ≥ 6.0)
- Applying for a CIH Scholarship: Please send a motivation letter explaining why would you like to participate and in how far is the course useful for your career. The motivation letter has to be submitted via the online application tool.
The registration deadline is March 25, 2018.
For more information about the module contents and registration, please see the info sheet.
- Dr. Deepak Paudel – Save the Children (Nepal)
- Andrea Kinigadner – CIHLMU Center for International Health (Germany)
Center for International Health LMU
80802 Munich, Germany