- Exchange information, views, and experiences on recent advances in the field of public health and primary health care post-Millennium era;
- Discuss problems that need to be explored regarding health and social aspects, including obstacles to the application of what is known;
- Look for effective approaches to those problems and obstacles, including enabling policies for the scale-up of proven interventions;
- Make professional contacts and network; and
- Keep track of what — and who — is current in the field.
The conference will focus on topics such as Public Health and Disease Surveillance, Determinants of Disease and Epidemics, Health Promotion, Prevention and Protection, Alliances for Health and Sustainable Development, Innovative Primary Health Care for Sustainable Development, and District Health System Management Learning: Transformative Learning.