3rd OHCEA International One Health Conference, July 24 – 26, 2019, Kampala – Uganda
The 3rd OHCEA International One Health Conference scheduled for July 2019 in Nairobi Kenya, offers a unique opportunity to participants to share their expertise, experiences and possible solutions to global health security through the One Health approach. The theme for the 3rd OHCEA International One Health Conference is “Harnessing One Health for Global Health Security”. This theme addresses three different but related domains namely:
- Ground-breaking OH innovations and proof of concept in different areas
- Innovations for partnership and collaboration and sharing experiences on working together with different partners and stakeholders under a OH approach.
- Sustainability and institutionalization of One Health best practices.
The conference provides a platform to share what has worked, what hasn’t worked, best practices, challenges, lessons learned, the key players and leaders, and roles of different stakeholders such as governments, private sectors, development partners and communities. Several actors, including academia, researchers, students, private sector, governments, civil society and networks, are welcome to share their experiences.
OHCEA is calling for submission of abstracts within the following sub-themes taking into account the three domains mentioned above:
- Sub theme 1: One Health workforce development
- Sub theme 2: One Health and Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
- Sub theme 3: Zoonotic Disease Surveillance and Control for One Health
- Sub theme 4: Community and government engagement for One Health
- Sub theme 5: Partnerships and collaboration in One Health
- Sub theme 6: Environmental Management for One Health
- Sub theme 7: Policy, Social and Economic issues of One Health
Abstract Submission Deadline is Thursday 28th February 2019 at 5pm (East Africa Time).
Notification of selected abstracts: By 15th April 2019.