Individual National Consultancy – Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan (MSNP) Women Sector Section, Kathmandu Nepal
Job Number: 519411 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Nepal
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical support in revising bottom-up planning tools to mainstream Women Development and empowerment sector contribution in improving the nutrition of the women and children and ensured budgets for MSNP plans. Hence, the technical assistance is planned to women sector in Local Level through Women, Children and Senior Citizen Ministry in coordination with MOFAGA and NPC to provide technical support Local and provincial level.
How can you make a difference?
- Develop a plan for the effective implementation of the Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan Women sector based activities at Local, provincial and federal level and support the team carry out MSNP implementation plan timely.
- Support to designed, and developed capacity building packages focusing on gender and women empowerment for effective and timely professional assistance so that different level committees and staffs are capable to address the local need in regard to nutrition governance in women sector
- Carry out orientation and capacity building trainings for local level/government representatives, officials including women and children workforce to local level official and steering committees as sample basis at local level.
- Capacity Building of local government representative and officials for MSNP Implementation especially on Women sector
- Support to develop comprehensive training manual in women sectors for Local and provincial level MSNP
- Support provided in the integrated planning, implementation support, programme implementation and monitoring, and, ensure incorporation of women sector MSNP intervention in local level annual plan review and mainstreaming of MSNP through integrated AWPB.
- Support to carry out MSNP review meeting in all 30 MSNP district with LGs
- Support to 308 LGs to prepare annual /periodic plan with budget allocation for MSNP and ensured the women sector contribution to nutrition
- Regular reporting of women sector and MSNP implementation status as a whole.
- Designed and developed capacity building packages for effective and timely professional assistance so that different level committees
- Contribute to develop an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating with sectorial ministries and nutrition and food stakeholder
Duration of the contract:
The duration of this contract is approximately 10.5 months and is expected to begin from 15 February 2019.
- Prepare and submit work plan for the effective implementation of the Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan Women sector based activities at Local, provincial and federal level and support the team to carry out MSNP implementation plan timely.
- Designed and developed Women Sectors MSNP nutrition sensitive capacity building packages for effective and timely professional assistance so that different level, committees and staffs.
- Submission of report on a carried-out orientation and capacity building trainings to steering committees and Local Government officials.
- Submission of report on Women Sectors MSNP report of 30 MSNP district with LGs.
Submission of report for the followings:
- Support to 308 LGs for annual planning and budgeting for women sector MSNP interventions/activists prepare planning with budget allocation for including Women Sector on MSNP.
- Support integrated planning, implementation support, monitoring, review and mainstreaming of MSNP through integrated AWPB and report submitted
- University Degree in any Social science, Management, nutrition, public health, and or any other relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience working on local level planning social mobilization/social protection/governance Women Development, empowerment related program/project with the Ministry of Women and children, local government or any government institutions under multilateral /bilateral funded project and programme.
- Having knowledge Nutrition, Multi-sector Nutrition Plan (MSNP) and its mainstreaming in local level planning process, strengthening, Gender Based Violence (GBV) prevention, local governance, capacity building and facilitation skill including social mobilization and advocacy and communication, on child protection and GBV issues targeting change harmful social norms and practices.
- Strong facilitation capacity of delivery of trainings, orientations and social dialogue on Women and children issues nutrition to local government and provincial and federal level.
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Previous work experience with UNICEF or UNICEF supported project and in governance sectors is preferred.
- Experience of working with Nutrition, Women and youth empowerment programmes/project is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Wed Jan 23 2019 10:15:00 GMT+0700 (Western Indonesia Time) Nepal Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Jan 31 2019 01:10:00 GMT+0700 (Western Indonesia Time)