National Trainee Programme – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ): Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH as a federal enterprise supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. GIZ Nepal is initiating trainee programme in order to open up opportunities for young individuals; especially to women and members of disadvantaged groups to develop their skills in a professional setting and thereby harness their potential as young professionals. In this regards, GIZ Nepal is creating a roster of candidates who will be hired as trainee for six months in 2019 following a selection process.
The traineeship will be possible in different thematic areas listed below.
- Economic Development
- Forestry, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science
- Energy and Climate Change (Energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies, energy access, energy governance, climate change adaptation and mitigation etc.)
- Social Health Insurance including quality management system and hospital management
- Governance in Health (Urban healthcare system and federal health system)
- Strengthening Health Information Systems
- Sexual and reproductive health including adolescent, maternal, neonatal child health and midwifery education)
- Good Governance (in federal context)
- Federalization, Policy, Act, Regulation
- Human Resources
- Media, Public Relation and Communication
- Information Technology
- Peace Building, Conflict Transformation & Transitional Justice
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; Conditionally, candidate waiting for final year result will be considered
- Aged between 18 – 28 years
- Good interpersonal skills and team player ability
- Willingness to travel to field (outside Kathmandu) as and when necessary
- Good knowledge of English and Nepali – both spoken and written
- MS Office package, internet and email use
- Professional experience less than one year
Application should be sent to email@example.com with a covering letter (clearing stating the thematic area of interest), updated CV and a copy of citizenship, no later than 25 January 2019. Applicants from disadvantaged groups and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Inquiries on applicant’s status will not be entertained and any effort to do so will result in disqualification of the applicant.