The Towards an HIV Cure initiative of the International AIDS Society (IAS), in partnership with Sidaction, France, the South Africa Department of Science and Technology, and the School of Health Sciences at the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, is organizing the 2018 Research-for-Cure Academy, 31 October – 2 November 2018, in South Africa.
The Academy will award fellowships to approximately 25 talented early to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists who are conducting HIV research in resource-constrained settings to participate in the interactive 3-day workshop. The workshop faculty will comprise internationally renowned scientists from across the world, led by the co-chairs Prof. Sharon Lewin, The Doherty Institute, University of Melbourne, Australia and Dr. Steven Deeks, UCSF, United States.
- Provide training on state of the art HIV cure research, based on the IAS Global Scientific Strategy: Towards an HIV Cure 2016 and current global undertakings in the field.
- Improve and reinforce practical tools and methodology to pursue or engage in HIV remission research.
- Provide a unique opportunity for the selected fellows to engage and discuss with leaders in the field of HIV cure research with a view to facilitating research collaborations in the search for an HIV cure or remission
The Research-for-Cure Academy will award fellowships to up to 30 talented early to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists conducting HIV/AIDS research in resource-limited countries to enrol in a professional 3-day training and career development course. The selected fellows will have a unique opportunity to participate in a high-level multidisciplinary training on current state of the art in HIV Cure research, delivered by esteemed international researchers.
The comprehensive course will be an opportunity to improve and reinforce the practical tools and methodology to pursue or engage in HIV remission research through interactive workshops and sessions, and will also dedicate ample time to networking opportunities and developing collaborative projects.
Deadline for applications: 12 August 2018, 23:59 CET. All applicants will be notified of their status by the beginning of September 2018.
Selected Research Academy Fellows will be awarded:
- Enrolment to the Research-for-Cure Academy
- Travel to South Africa
- Accommodation and meals
- Ground transportation in South Africa
- Course materials